Monday, September 29, 2008

Boxy Zippered Pouch Quest No. 3

I am a genius. When I couldn't find any tutorial which could give me a perfectly lined boxy zippered pouch without any exposed raw seams, I decided to combine 2 tutorials.

I went back to Front Zippered Pouch Quest No. 4, followed the Thimble tutorial and to take care of the boxy bit, I followed Three Bears tutorial.

And I did it. I got my perfectly lined boxy zippered pouch. Whoo hoo. Yay. Mission accomplished.

And that's the last time I'll ever try this stunt again. It was hard. I can't even begin to describe how awkward it was to sew the boxy seams on a front zippered pouch. I felt I had 10 extra fingers in the way.



I used a cotton fabric a friend had bought me from Kelantan, Malaysia. Okay, she asked me what I wanted and I told her fabric. I think people I know are now afraid to ask me if I wanted anything from abroad because they know I'll ask for fabric. Buying fabric is hard. I know because many times I've gone to Spotlight and come out empty-handed. One reason why I love to watch Project Runway is to see the designers buy fabric. Crazy but true.

Back to the fabulous cotton from Kelantan. I had a little trouble finding a lining to match it and eventually used a purple from my hoard of solids which I had refused to use for the longest time.

Beautiful. No raw seams anywhere.

4 comments:

pfirsch said...

This idea is even better than the one I suggested.

Grace said...

This looks wonderful! I am just starting out sewing and would love to make one of those little boxy pouches from the Three Bears tutorial. Do you think you can give me some tips on how I can properly line that using your technique here? And/or how to add that convenient little loop at the end? Thank you so much!

jane p said...

Hi Grace
What I remember about making this lined boxy pouch was it was hard. I don't think I can explain how it's made in words. So I'll make another one and this time I'll take pictures as I go along. Look out for it. Soon...

jane p said...

Hey Grace, check out my Lined Zippered Boxy Pouch Tutorial. Cheers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2