Monday, December 4, 2017

Easy Shoulder Bag


Another blast to the past. This time I wanted to check out my Forever 19 Shoulder Bags. I didn't go back beyond 2012. I noticed that my Forever 19s did not vary much in design. Just a little nip and tuck here and there. I guess I was really happy with it.

To me, the Forever 19 Shoulder Bag is all about showing off your fabric. Look at this beauty - it has every element I go nuts over: flowers, bird, dragonflies.

 
Ikea fabric - this flower-flower print is very popular. I've seen many bags made in it.

Exact same fabric. This time with some free hand embroidery. Made this one in July this year.  (here)

This fabric appeals to lots of women. It's sort of dark beige/grey and it's a linen-cotton.

I go gaga over the colour yellow/green.

I made this bag wider. Why not taller? Probably this was all the fabric I had. I think this was the one and only time I changed the design.

I love this fabric and I remember going back to the shop for more but couldn't find any.

 
This fabric doesn't photograph well but it's a bit bluer. I love this fabric the most and I remember using overly expensive fleece to interline the fabric.

I think I named this bag really well. When I carry it over my shoulder, I feel forever 19!  Like my whole life is ahead of me and I am full of hopes and dreams...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2